Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A new top

New top

I bought a couple pairs of tights recently (the wonderfully pleasant weather made me do it), but I didn't have a sigle top in my wardrobe that I could wear with them. So I decided to make one.

Using my pattern making book and the Burdastyle website, I finished drafting a basic bodice block. I then lengthened it to make a hip block. It had to be sleeveless, since I only had about a meter to work with, and I hadn't drafted a sleeve block yet. I made a few sketches, and had a lot of different ideas in my head, but this is what I came up with in the end.

New shirt

It was very breezy on the hill!

New top

I kept it simple, but threw in a waist band and pleat for interest. I used bust darts and back darts for shaping, finshed the neck using interfaced facing, and made bias tape using the left over fabric to finish the armholes.

I really enjoyed my outfit yesterday - I wore it all day long! Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking the photos.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos of an excellent top! I'm so impressed that you were able to draft that! It really fits you perfectly!