I had attempted this pattern some time back, well before I had a blog, and had to resize it after cutting into the fabric. I had cut out the XS but it turned out too large for me. I was able to salvage the tunic by taking in the sides significantly but had to fidget a lot before the armholes fit nicely.
So this time, I resized it before cutting into my fabric. I took in about 1/2" on either side from the back and front pieces, and dropped the armholes accordingly; I'm glad I did.
It fits well. It's a simply constructed garment, with a yoke and two large pieces of fabric. No darts or zippers. But there are buttons...
... an attractive detail but I couldn't find the perfect ones. I like these well enough for now. The pattern calls for cloth, shank style buttons but they don't sell kits here. How do other tailors in India do it? They either make them without a kit or give it out to the sewing supplies shop and someone there makes it for them! I didn't have patience for either, so these will have to do for now.
I made it using a mul mul, a very finely spun cotton, and lined it with a thicker cotton. The dress is very comfortable and cool, and perhaps versatile enough to wear it as a jumper on cooler days. The pattern is straightforward and easy, and like all of Amy Butler's patterns, the directions are well spelt out.
After taking photos of the dress, we found puppies! All huddled together by the parking area. We let them be since mama dog was lurking suspiciously in the distance, but they were hard to resist. As always, thanks to my husband for taking photos of me in my new dress.